Saturday, November 13, 2010

Autumn Leaves on the Ouachita Trail

It was a beautiful day on the Ouachita Trail today.  Rather than just selfishly run 20 miles or so by myself, I took the kids to the trail and we worked on our adopt a trail section.  There really was not much work to be done as the trail is in pretty good shape as it is.  Unfortunately, I left the camera in the truck for most of our hike and so I missed some great photo opportunities.  However, I did manage some good ones as you see below.

The hike was a couple of easy miles and the kids loved it.  They often hiked off the trail and climbed boulders.  The foilage was the most beautiful I have ever seen it!  Absolutely incredible.  The kids kept picking up leaves and asking me to hold them.  They were all sorts of beautiful shades of red and orange.  What a wonderful fall day.  I wish I could bottle it up and keep it forever but alas those darn kids have to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment