Sunday, June 15, 2014

Little Rock Marathon Pacing 2014

This year I paced the 3:25 group instead of the 3:05 group because I was concerned that my Piriformis problem would not allow me to fulfill the 3:05 pacing duties.

I think that was a wise choice because although it was not too hard to finish the 3:25 pacing group, I did have some discomfort for much of the time.  It was fun thought because as always we made it a fun family vacation and climbed Pinnacle mountain the day before.

The race was unique because there was a strong cold front and winter storm moving in.  As it turned out, I finished right before the brunt of the storm hit.  Right after I got into my car, the rain started pouring down and then that would be followed in the next hour by sleet and high winds.

Unfortunately, race organizers would have to end the race and start bringing runners back to downtown because the conditions were so terrible.  I really felt bad for the race directors because it is such a tough call to make but they did the right thing.  And they were fortunate to have had many if not most of the runners finish ahead of the storm.  It could have been worse if the front had come in only a few hours earlier.

This is such a brief post because I am behind on my race reports.

Another Year Pacing at Little Rock and another Climb of Pinnacle!  Poor Penny struggled to make it and then would not cooperate for the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment